Matt Tsolo talks Early Bird Breakfast Show on Radio DUT

Journalism first year student and Radio DUT DJ Matt Tsolo.


Matt Tsolo’s sense of humour combined with his quick wit and spicy shade is why the 19-year-old is host of one of Radio DUT’s important shows, the Early Bird Breakfast show.

Every morning from 7am to 9am, listeners are treated to this journalism first year’s funny but yet insightful show before they start their day.

Talking about his show Tsolo said: “The Early Bird Breakfast is an upbeat, energetic and entertaining show to tune into especially because it has to make the listener’s day every day.”
The pressure of presenting a morning show does not bother Tsolo who co-hosts with two other presenters.

“I love co-hosting this show, because it defines who I am. I am always happy, smiling and energetic. Working with my co-hosts Luyanda Ndlovu who presents sports and newsreader, Sinoxolo Mhlatshana makes things extra special for me because we bring the same amount of energy on the show.” 

The free spirited Free State Province born DJ, who left home for Durban at the age of 13, has always been an inquisitive child but the thought of a career as a journalist or radio presenter never crossed his mind until high school.

“When I got to matric, the radio bug had poisoned me, which resulted in me turning down my University of Cape Town offer to study occupational therapy and apply for journalism here at DUT and I am having fun, added Tsolo”.


Describing himself, Tsolo who believes he was born for radio said: “I am success driven, I know what I have to do to be a success and I do not compromise when it comes to that.”

-MONGI KHANYILE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion’s Khaya Mchunu receives award from DUT Council

Journalism HoD Awarded Erasmus mobility scholarship at Valladolid University in Spain

Graphic Design Third Year and BTech students showcase their work