Lungelani Myeni Finalist in PG Bison I.618 Competition

PG Bison 1.618 Competition finalist, Lungelani Myeni (right in the front row) at the awards ceremony.

Interior Design, third year student Lungelani Myeni made it into the top ten of the PG Bison 1.618 Competition where the winner got the once in a lifetime opportunity to attend the 2017 Milan Furniture Fair in Italy.

The contestants had to design a building with three requirements; the ground floor entrance of the central block, the adjoining north-eastern room and the adjoining outdoor area located on the north-eastern side of the building.

“The competition is compulsory to all third-year students. It forms part of the syllabus, and I was the only one selected from my class,” said Myeni.

Although he has been selected into the top ten, he feels he was not given enough time to perfect his work to show more of his design skills. 

The PG Bison I.618 Competition was created over 20 years ago to recognize future interior and industrial designers, architects, and key decision makers in the South African construction industry.
“I am very excited to have been selected to be within the top ten of the PG Bison awards, more so because, it says a lot about my work and it will work to my advantage when I go into industry,” added Myeni.

He claims that his work is different, and he aims to be the change within the industry bringing a more African feel to the interior design industry.


“I hope that on the 4th of October I hope to walk away with something, however, to be selected for such a prestigious awards ceremony I am very grateful and honoured, the experience alone is satisfactory”, concluded Myeni. 

-MONGI KHANYILE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion’s Khaya Mchunu receives award from DUT Council

Journalism HoD Awarded Erasmus mobility scholarship at Valladolid University in Spain

Graphic Design Third Year and BTech students showcase their work