Banele Nqeto’s Ngidlalile Ngethuba Lami

Banele Nqetho. 


Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Bachelor of Education (B Ed) former student and entrepreneur, Banele Nqeto wrote, directed and acted in his own movie.

The movie titled, “Ngidlalile Ngethuba Lami” is based on a true story. It is about a boy named Xolani who is originally from eQuthu, a rural area in KwaZulu-Natal, moving to the big city of Pietermaritzburg (PMB) where he came to study his B Ed AT DUT Indumiso campus.

Xolani (Played by Nqeto) had a bursary from the Department of Education of which he lost due to his academic results not being up to standard with the bursary requirements. He left university because he could not pay his tuition fees.

As acting is also Nqeto’s passion, he acted in his film to pursue such dreams of being an actor. “The movie is a true story of my life, I needed to drive out the message of my reality and I felt that I would act it out best as I am the key person who understands the story of my life,” said Nqeto.

Later in 2015, he visited home and realised the need for technology in rural areas. Nqeto founded his business called NQETS IT (LTD) PTY, to kick start his entrepreneurial vision. Also coming from a poor background, he wanted to help young people especially from rural areas.

“I am currently dealing with Grade 12 learners and I want to make sure that they are able to go to university. I assist with university applications and I issue out bursary forms to those who do not have access to internet,” said Nqeto.

Nqeto is also an ambassador at the HIV/AIDS centre at DUT and he sees a bright future ahead of him.


“I am working on giving more awareness about HIV/AIDS through educative dramas or movies in the upcoming year,” said Nqeto.

-Mongi Khanyile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion’s Khaya Mchunu receives award from DUT Council

Journalism HoD Awarded Erasmus mobility scholarship at Valladolid University in Spain

Graphic Design Third Year and BTech students showcase their work